Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Swinging



The project weighing on me right now is my latest Bee Sewcial quilt. Yeah. It's always challenging to puzzle the improvisational blocks from my mates into a cohesive whole, but this one seems even tougher than usual.



For reasons I can't totally explain, this layout made sense to me. Squishing the blocks edge to edge just didn't feel right this time, so I'm working on a very irregular sashing of sorts. And in starting in on that, I realized I really needed to add one more block - my own take on the prompt "Looking Up."



I've asked all my bee-mates to share a one-word description of their blocks, and my word for mine is "Swinging." Imagine you're swinging, and as you pass under the bar, you lean all the way back, arms straight... and you look up. That's the moment I tried to express. I happened to be swinging with grandgirl when I took the inspiration photo, so it'll be nice to have that little memory tied up in this quilt. Here's hoping I can pull it all together in a cohesive way....

11 comments:

  1. I also think that Swinging is a good energy and thought to have when combining all of these elements together. Great block and I hope you have fun as you pull it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the layout too and your block is perfect, 'looking up'.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If anyone can do it, it would be you. I've seen how talented you are and I have all the faith in the world that you will make this amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Your block is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block and I hope you have fun as you pull it all together!


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish all those blocks were mine, but i would have the same problem setting them into a quilt! What a lovely problem though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layout of the blocks and your added block is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your block is very inspired and such a nice memory reminder, too. Have fun with your puzzle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, you will pull these blocks together! I love the theme of this one and your block is a great addition. I couldn't help but be transported back to my 'swing' days and your description is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This layout with an irregular sashing would be great. Your block is really cool too !

    ReplyDelete